Lunch Bowl featuring Sainsbury’s Edition British Chicken Mini Fillet Kebabs with a Rum, Coconut and Pineapple Marinade.
Blogging or being an online influencer (I hate that term) seems all glitz and glam from the outside, but I promise you it is not what it seems. Don’t get me wrong, when things are going well, it is incredible! But, make a misstep or deviate from what your audience is used to, and blogging becomes an absolute nightmare.
The perks of blogging sometimes balance out the downsides of it. You may already know that I’ve been going through a slightly rough patch since I changed my diet from an entirely plant-based one to more of a flexitarian/omnivorous one. My audience is finally starting to come to terms with things. I did worry at a point that some of the companies I’d worked with in the past would decide to stop working with me. Thankfully, that has not been the case at all.
I was so happy when I received a lovely Summer package from Sainsbury’s yesterday. I shared the contents in my stories on both my Instagram pages, wellnesswithsomi and somiigbene. If you missed it, don’t fret. I intend to write a blog post detailing the contents.
“These British chicken mini fillet kebabs are marinated in a sweet Carribean-style-glaze then layered with a sweet, sticky, fruity sauce for a totally tropical twist.”
As the kebabs are already marinated, all you need to do is cook them in the oven at 200ºC for 20 minutes. Once cooked, they are very tender, and the flavour is delicious. I have to admit that I didn’t taste the rum in the chicken. I only realised there was rum in it when I went back to have a closer look at the packaging. The coconut and the pineapple come through, and they are not over-powering at all. I offered some to my children, but they weren’t very keen, and I understand why. The flavour is better suited to mature taste buds.
The chicken comes with an extra fruity sauce. It is just enough for the chicken so, if you’re going to have it with a side like rice or potatoes, you may need to make some extra sauce for them. These kebabs will go brilliantly in a wrap or pitta bread with some salad and extra chilli sauce. Mayonnaise may work well too, but don’t hold me to that as I haven’t tried that variation yet.
Lunch Bowl Featuring Sainsbury’s Summer Edition Chicken Kebabs with Rum, Coconut & Pineapple Marinade
Rice Bowl Featuring Sainsbury’s Summer Edition Chicken Kebabs with Rum, Coconut & Pineapple Marinade
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- 120g basmati rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 200g broccoli, steamed
- 1 package Sainsbury’s Summer Edition British Chicken Mini Fillet Kebabs with Rum, Coconut and Pineapple Marinade
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Chilli flakes, to garnish
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Cook the chicken kebabs and rice according to the instructions on the package. Once they’re almost done, cook the broccoli in a pan of salted, boiling water for 3 minutes then strain.
- For the sauce, combine sriracha, sweet chilli sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Divide the rice, broccoli and chicken kebabs among two bowls. Spoon some sauce onto the rice then garnish with fresh coriander and chilli flakes. As always, enjoy!
Keywords: Sainsbury's, Pineapple, Chicken, Rice, Lunch bowl