A hearty black-eyed bean tomato-rich stew seasoned with harissa. Pairs perfectly with wholegrain rice and baked chicken
- 40g brown basmati rice, cooked according to instructions on the packaging
- 118g black-eyed beans, cooked
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120g chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons harissa seasoning
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/4 small avocado
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine half teaspoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon harissa to form a thick paste the set aside. Cut diagonal lines into the chicken then spread harisa paste all over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes in the fridge then bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C. Once cooked keep warm and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium pan. Fry shallots for 1 minute until softened then add garlic, tomato paste and chopped cherry tomatoes. Fry for a few minutes then add cooked beans, vegetable stock cube and the remaining harissa. Add a small splash of water, then cook on a simmer for 4 minutes until the beans are hot.
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper, if needed then take the pan off the heat.
- Serve beans over basmati rice with baked chicken on the side. Top with avocado and garnish with a turn of black pepper and fresh coriander if you wish.
- Serving Size: Serves 1
- Calories: 529
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 109mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 49g