High protein, high fibre edamame spaghetti with soya and mushroom ragu
- 1 pack Explore Cuisine Edamame Spaghetti
- 450g soya mince
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons, tomato paste
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons porcini mushroom powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian herb mix
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots and onions and fry for 12-15 mins, stirring frequently until softened. Add the tomato paste, herb mix and garlic and continue to fry for 4 mins. Add a small splash of water if the pan gets too dry.
- Stir in the soya mince, mushrooms and red chilli, cook for 3 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, vegetable stock cube and around 300ml of water. Mix well, adjust seasoning if necessary with salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add small splashes of water to loosen if the sauce gets too thick.
- Cook the edamame spaghetti according to the package instructions. Then split among four bowls. Spoon a generous amount of the soya and mushroom ragu over the spaghetti. Garnish with parmesan, toasted nuts and fresh parsley.
Keywords: Explore Cuisine, Edamame, Ragu, Mushrooms