A healthy French Toast recipe that will keep you energised and satisfied until lunchtime. You now wave goodbye to mid-morning slumps!
- 4 large eggs
- 250ml unsweetened soy or almond milk (use dairy if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices thick bread
- 60g unsalted butter
- 4 heaped tablespoon Greek-style soya or Greek yoghurt
- 200g fresh blueberries (or any other berry or fruit of choice)
- 4 heaped teaspoons roasted mixed seeds
- Honey or maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the bread in a large, shallow dish in a single layer. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to soak for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat 15g of butter in a frying pan then fry one bread slice until golden brown on each side. Repeat the process until all the slices of bread are complete. Serve each slice of bread with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, sprinkle on the toasted seeds and drizzle with a honey or maple syrup if you wish.