A nutrient-dense, low-glycaemic load meal. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 75g plantain, sliced
- 120g cod
- 100g asparagus
- 80g peas
- 1 heaped tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small gherkin, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, extra to serve
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, capers, gherkins, shallots, lemon juice, parsley and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or cling film then place in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 200°C (400°F) then line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Toss plantain slices in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, a pinch of salt and black pepper then carefully arrange on one lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Flip the plantains halfway through cooking.
- Put the cod on the other baking tray and season lightly with salt and black pepper. Bake for 18 mins or until the fish becomes white and tender. Set aside and keep warm
- Place plantain, vegetables and fish on a plate. Spoon a generous amount of the tartare sauce over fish. Garnish with extra fresh parsley and black pepper if you desire
- Serving Size: Per Serving
- Calories: 359
- Sodium: 845mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: Plantains, Low glycemic