A protein-rich breakfast, rich in omega-3 fats and vitamin D
- 100g tin sardines in spring water
- 10 baby plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 small eggs, fried or poached
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small handful freshly chopped parsley
- Satl and pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes to garnish (optional)
Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and fry for 1 minute until softened.
Add chopped tomatoes and dried oregano and fry for five minutes. Add sardines and sun-dried tomatoes, fry for 3 minutes then add freshly chopped parsley and take the pan off the heat.
For the spinach, add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil lin a non-stick pan. Add the spinach, and a pinch of garlic powder. Toss in the pain until it wilts then take the pan off the heat. Season with a pinch of salt.
Serve the sardine sauce over spinach with a side of fried eggs. Garnish with extra fresh parsley, chilli flakes and black pepper if you wish.
Keywords: Sardines, Spinach, Eggs, Breakfast