Sumac Stir-Fried Veggies with Bulgur Wheat
- 40g bulgur wheat
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the veggie stir fry
- 200g cherry tomatoes, half finely chopped, the other half halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 small spring onions, white part and green part chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning/bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
For the tofu
- 125g tofu, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon mixed seeds
Heat your oven to 200C (400F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Season the tofu with a pinch of salt and black pepper, then carefully arrange it on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
While the tofu is cooking, cook the bulgur wheat according to the instructions on the package replacing water with vegetable stock. Add cumin and coriander and a pinch of salt if needed. Once cooked, set aside and allow cool.
To make the stir-fry, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the garlic and the white part of the spring onions for one minute, then add the chopped cherry tomatoes, sumac, cumin and coriander. Fry for five minutes, then add the cherry tomato halves, bell peppers, vegetable seasoning and chilli. Fry for six minutes or until the peppers are tender. Add the honey if using and season with black pepper. Take the pan off the heat.
Toss the tofu in the sweet chilli sauce. Then add the chopped parsley to the bulgur wheat and stir well to combine.
Serve the stir fry over the bulgur wheat with the tofu. Sprinkle some mixed seeds if you wish and the green part of the spring onions.
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 556
- Fat: 22.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.8gg
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57
- Fiber: 18.4g
- Protein: 37.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg