A simple and delicious sweet potato and balsamic chicken buddha bowl
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced and baked
- 50g baby spinach
- 50g peas
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20g sweet corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon baba ganoush
For the chicken
- 1 medium chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic powder in a small bowl then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan, then add chicken and thyme. Fry for three minutes, turning frequently. Add the balsamic mixture and toss the chicken to coat evenly. Fry for a few more minutes until chicken is browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the bowl, base the bowl with spinach. Top with sweet potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, cherry tomatoes, chicken and baba ganoush.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes if you wish. Enjoy!
Replace chicken with tofu or tempeh, and honey with agave syrup for a plant-exclusive buddha bowl.
- Serving Size: Serves 1
- Calories: 458
- Sugar: 20.4g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 9.9g
- Protein: 47g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
Keywords: buddha bowl, chicken, balsamic, sweet potato