Love curries? Then you’ll enjoy this coconut chickpea curry that’s rich in fibre, folates, iron and zinc. It is perfect with steamed rice, but you can enjoy it with naan bread.
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100g passata
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large handful coriander, stalks and leaves separated then chopped.
- 200g cooked basmati rice, to serve
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan then fry shallots for a minute until softened. Add garlic, turmeric, coriander stalks, curry powder and coriander. Fry for 10-20 seconds or until fragrant then stir in passata, vegetable stock cube, chilli and chickpeas.
Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes then stir in coconut milk and cook on a simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper if needed.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in coriander leaves.
Serve over steamed basmati rice and garnish with extra coriander if you wish.
- Serving Size: Per serving
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Chickpeas, Coconut, Curry